Descriptions: Sealed Lithium Ion Battry Family
2. Li-Polymer Battery * also named like soft bag battery.
3. LiFePO4 Batery
There are three types of Li-Ion cells/batteries on market based on chemistry of cathode materials. Please see the table below to see advantage and disadvantage of each type cell. Among of them, Li-Ion cell mde from LiCoO2 (ICR) is very good at the highest energy density, the most popular cell, especially in the portbale digital device market. Both li-ion battery and li-polymer battery are made from LiCoO2.
LiFePO4 battery is very good saftey, deep cycles and high drain. Nowdays is widly used in public vehicles, bus, car, golf cart and telecommunication station. LiMnNiO4 (NCM or NMC)cell still are always being developed everyear, which is good economc cost-down to replace LiCoO2.
|Energy Density||Working Temp.||Cycles||Safety||Environmental Friendly||Cost Rate ( nWh of SLA)|
|LiFePO4||3.2V||>120 wh/kg||-0-60 °C|| >2000@1C 100% SOC
>firstname.lastname@example.orgC 100% SOC
>email@example.comC 100% SOC
|Lead acid||2.0V||> 35wh/kg||-20 – 40°C||>200 @0.2C 50% SOC||Yes||No||1|
|NiCd||1.2V||> 40wh/kg||-20 – 50 °C||>firstname.lastname@example.org 100% SOC||Yes||No||0.7|
|NiMH||1.2V||>80 wh/kg||-20 – 50 °C||>email@example.comC 100% SOC||Yes||Yes||1.2-1.4|
|3.6V||>160 wh/kg||-20 – 40 °C|| >600@1C 100% SOC
>firstname.lastname@example.orgC 100% SOC
>email@example.comC 100% SOC
|LiCoO2||3.7V||>200 wh/kg||-20 – 60 °C|| > 800@1C 100% SOC
> 1000@1C 100% SOC
firstname.lastname@example.orgC 100% SOC
- Rated Voltage, usually the middle-point-voltage during dishcarge cureve. LiFePO4 signle cell is seeing as 3.0V when used in battery pack, because the voltage is not quite stable being discharged.
- *To ensure safety, lithium ion battereis must be built in with BMS, PTC, NTC or other devices.
- Li-Ion battery is dangerous if not protected well. Pls consult with engineers before designing / using Li-ion / Polymer cells and batteries.
- Never use Li-Ion battery pack without BMS (Battery Management System). For Li-Ion battery pack with cell more than 4 cells, shall use PCM with balance function to get longer service life.
- Please choose our smart chargers to recharge a Li-Ion battery pack
Li-polymer cell and Battery
LiFePO4 Cell and Battery